IV Therapy Migraine Relief
About the Migraine IV
This custom IV was specially formulated by Emergency Medicine Physician and IVme Medical Director, Scott Yilk, M.D., to provide a safe and comfortable alternative to the ER.
The IVme Migraine IV starts with one to two liters of fluids and is then customized with a prescribed combination of vitamins, medicines and nutrients after a careful review of your medical history, symptoms and vitals by our medical team. All additions are included in the price of the Migraine IV. Oxygen may be included in your visit depending upon your health assessment.
and fast relief
and fast relief
Can help relieve
Sensitivity to light
Sensitivity to sound
Your Migraine IV Experience at IVme
1. Appointments are recommended and walk-ins are welcome.
2. You will be greeted by our friendly Patient Specialists to get you checked into our HIPAA-compliant medical records system and capture the reason for your visit.
3. After registering, our medical staff member will accompany you to the IV Start Room to assess your symptoms, medical history and vitals and then recommend a Doctor-prescribed IV targeted to relieve your symptoms.
4. Our medical staff will then administer your Migraine IV. You should expect a small pinch, although often customers tell us they feel nothing at all.
5. After your IV is administered, you will be led to a private and quiet room to relax while your body takes in the hydration, medicines and nutrients leading to almost immediate relief.
6. The Migraine IV takes about 30 to 45 minutes. Our team will complete regular check-ins to monitor the drip and your progress.
7. When your Migraine drip is complete, our medical staff will gently remove the IV and apply a sterile gauze pad and coban.
8. On your way out, please stop at the front desk to check out; IVme accepts cash and credit. If you are adding IV therapy as prophylaxis, consider scheduling your next appointment within 2 to 4 weeks.
9. Your opinion matters to us and we would greatly appreciate a Google Review . Tipping is also an option (but not expected) for patients who found their experience exceptional.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is IV Hydration?
IV, or intravenous hydration therapy is a medical treatment that delivers fluids directly into a vein by way of a soft plastic catheter (which quickly replaces the initial needle), tube, and bag of fluids. It’s the fastest way to deliver fluid replacement throughout the body. Chances are pretty high that you have either experienced an IV or know someone who has, and witnessed how quickly IVs help a person bounce back and feel great. That’s the benefit of IV hydration therapy: it is the fastest way to restore your body’s fluid levels and get you feeling back to yourself.
Is IV Hydration a new treatment?
Intravenous therapy has been practiced by physicians for over a hundred years with it becoming widely acceptable and used in hospitals in the mid 1900’s. Considering that about 80% of hospitalized patients receive IV Therapy, chances are high that you or someone you know has experienced firsthand the rapid relief and recovery benefits of IV therapy. While IV hydration is a widely practiced and minimally invasive procedure, it still requires the knowledge of experienced experts who a) are medically trained, experienced and credentialed, b) know how to assess a patient’s vitals and health history to make sure an IV is the right form of treatment, and c) follow the best procedures and protocols for administering IVs safely and comfortably. IVme has been administering IV Hydration Therapy since 2012, was the first hydration center in the midwest and the third in the country, and has been used as the role model for other IV centers opening across the country.
Who gets IV Hydration?
I am a chronic migraine sufferer and IV therapy changed my life. Hello. I am pleased to have this opportunity to share my story with the hopes that it might help someone else who also suffers from migraines like I do. Thank you for listening. If you have any...
I’m Dr. Jack Dybis, founder of IVme Wellness + Performance. Born in Chicago and raised in Grand Rapids, MI, I received my undergraduate degree at the University of Dayton in Ohio and returned to the Windy City to attend medical school at Midwestern University. I then...
Defeating dehydration with IV Therapy What began as a joke between friends has now become the brightest spot in my career. In jest, my medical school classmates and I used to say we needed an “oil change” after our long, 24-36 hour call shifts, after coming down with...